The Landscape Setting

The Parish mainly lies within the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and the key features that contribute most to the landscape of Radway are:

Radway Grange
the grounds are designated by English Heritage as a Registered Garden of historic interest and it has many listed features. Built on the site of a monastic grange at the end of the 16th century. It was modernised and lived in by Sanderson Miller in the mid 18th century. This Elizabethan manor house is a square two storied building built of Hornton stone set in a landscaped park, which provides a backdrop to the village.
Edge Hill
the most dominant local geographical feature rising in a steepening scarp from the village providing a densely wooded backdrop. The Castle Inn, former folly to The Grange, built in 18th century, provides a landmark on top of the hill. An obelisk was erected in 1854 by Mr Chambers in memory of Colonel Fiennes Sanderson Miller and his regiment, Enniskillen Dragoons, in connection with the Battle of Waterloo.
The Feldon
the undulating plain slopes away gently towards the Avon in the North West – the Edge Hill battle site.
West End
its focus is the green and duck pond surrounded by houses with simple stone elevations, some thatched roofs and the graveyard for the original church. It is believed West End may have been the original centre of the village.
Tysoe Road
the generous green spaces generate a feeling of spaciousness with many strong lines of mature trees emphasising the linear development. Walls and layered hedges define many boundaries, with good continuity and containment of village form and space.
Church of St Peter
the spire provides a prominent landmark from a considerable distance, it is the first public building when entering the village from the west and is located at a pivotal point.